Saturday, April 16, 2011

Five Star Day

My 26th birthday was a few weeks ago. Best Birthday Ever. Zach had the day off thanks to Paid Family Leave, and so we had the whole day together. He really made it special and after a relaxing morning we went to the Camarillo outlets. I got five shirts for $25 which made me both very happy and well dressed. Then we headed to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and off to the Oxnard beach.

It was Caelum's first time at the beach, and while he liked it at first, he didn't last long. Probably since he could barely open his eyes the whole time.




Once we got home, Zach did some last minute preparations, then our traditional scavenger hunt began. This year was quite extravagant, as there were presents with each clue.


I had fun running all over, deciphering Zach's clever clues.


The boys each got me gifts too: Memory from Owen and a book from Caelum.

Note the outfit change. Sweet Anthropologie shirt from Zach and leggings from Mom.

The hunt culminated with something ringing in my fab new diaper bag from Cathy...an iPhone! I'm loving it and still can't believe Zach bought it for me!
That night we had shrimp scampi (as I requested) then angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Zach worked hard to make the day fun-filled.

I'm definitely feeling blessed to have my two sweet boys and my amazing husband. Thanks Zach!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to send this blog post to my dearest husband who got a big fat "F" for the effort he put into my birthday this year.
    And, love the shirt. Did Zach actually pick that out by himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Zach's got great taste in clothes, which is good because I'm so boring with clothes. It was definitely a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete